Wearing Your Face Shield
Remove From Packaging
Before touching the packaging, or your face shield, wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water.
Carefully remove your face shield from the protective plastic packaging. Recycle plastic packaging appropriately.
Peel Off Both Protective Films
Carefully peel off the plastic protective films from both the front and back of the face shield.
Note: If you choose to leave the plastic protective films on your face shield, it may appear foggy during use.
Putting Your Face Shield On
If you need to wear a face mask and/or glasses beneath your face shield, put these on first.
Then, pull your face shield’s elastic head strap over the top of your head while positioning the soft foam padding in the centre of your forehead.
Adjust the placement of the foam and strap for comfort, while ensuring your face shield covers your eyes, nose and, mouth.
Removing Your Face Shield
Before touching your face shield, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Grasping the elastic head strap near the sides of the shield, slowly lift off your head and face.
Be careful to avoid touching your eyes, nose and, mouth. Repeat washing your hands once you have removed your face shield.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Recommendations:
- Your face shield should extend past your chin and wrap around the sides of your face.
- Face shields are most effective against bacteria and virus transmission when used in conjunction with a face mask.
- Consult your province's guidelines before choosing to wear your face shield without a face mask.
- CDC Who Should Not Wear a Mask
- CDC Face Shields
- CDC Donning PPE: Put on Face Shield
- CDC Doffing PPE: Remove the Face Shield
- Government of Canada Hand washing guidelines